Call us 01747 813111

Book A Visit

Joining Clayesmore (Non-UK Citizen)

Joining Clayesmore (Non-UK Citizen)

We aim to make the transition to a UK boarding school as easy as possible for all our International students.

Our International Admissions team are highly experienced and will assist you through the whole admissions process. You can find out more by clicking the blocks below.

Senior International Admissions Process

Joining Process

Many international pupils are introduced to Clayesmore via an education Agent and we welcome enquiries from all Agents. The process to join the school is as follows:

Contact admissions 

Arrange visit & meeting with the Head 

Complete & return Registration Form & fee 

Attend visit & meetings (in person or online) 

Student completes assessment and language tests  (if required)

School reports & reference sought from current school (if not already supplied) 

Formal offer made 

Accept offer & pay deposit 

Clayesmore works with you to apply for a Student Visa with UKVI

Visa issued 

Welcome to Clayesmore!

Senior International Entrance Assessments

Entrance Tests

Students are asked to sit an English language test so we are able to assess wether they have suitable language skills to be able to understand lessons and communicate with their peers. We encourage students to practice their English language skills and read English books whenever possible to help with the English language assessment. Students entering Year 9 (age 13/14) will be expected to reach a B1/Preliminary Level standard while those joining Sixth Form will require a B1/First Certificate Level. If a child is joining the Prep school we would hope for a B1 level but can be a little more flexible on language standards.

We often find our German and Spanish students do not need to sit a language test as their English proficiency is high - please discuss this with our Admissions team.


All International students are required to have a Guardian in the UK at the time of joining the school. This is essential for a student's welfare and safety.

Here are links to reputable Guardian agencies:

AEGIS - Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students

BSA Certified Guardian Scheme


Students coming to the UK need to apply for a visa to be able to study in a UK boarding school. If your child is aged between 4 and 17 years old you will need to apply for a Child Student Visa. Once you have accepted the place offered for your child, the school will apply for a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) which you will need to submit with the visa application so that your child is able to join Clayesmore. Our International Admissions Officer will assist you with this process, however, we are not experts in visa applications and strongly recommend you seek professional help to attain your visa and your Biometric Residents Permit (BRP) if you require one. 

You can find out more about Student Visas here.

(Following Brexit, all EU students wishing to study in the UK will also need to apply for a Student Visa but will NOT be required to obtain a Biometric Residents Permit or BRP if they have a chip in their passport).

Related Downloads

International Prospectus
International Registration Form

In this section

Register For Our Open Morning

Come and visit Clayesmore to experience first hand our warm, friendly culture and find out more about our excellent educational and pastoral ethos.

Register Now

Clayesmore School, Iwerne Minster, Blandford, Dorset. DT11 8LL.

Clayesmore School (HMC, IAPS, ISBA) is a registered company in England and Wales registered at Iwerne Minster, Blandford, Dorset, DT11 8LL.

(Registered Company No: 359779 – Charity Registration No: 306214 – VAT No: 186834226). Site & content © 2021 Clayesmore School. All rights reserved.

Education Websites by AztecMedia